Discovery Of America Discussion Question
Running Head: DISCOVERY OF AMERICA
DISCOVERY OF AMERICA 2
Discovery of America
Professor Leslie Ruff
The American discovery brought about the emergence of a global market. This was the first-ever market that the rivals of vicious international had the aim of dominating. The development of globalization finally found Europe at a very high rate. It was commanding vast empires which allowed them to establish a root in America to bring about modern imperialism.
· Introduction of the primary purpose of the paper. That is the discovery in America.
· Thesis statement after introduction.
A. Three main aspects demonstrating new and old exchanges
· Cultivation of the world foods that are very old and they are in the modern world.
· I am transferring the new world foods into the old world.
· Spreading of diseases from the old world to a new world.
B. Five specific groups as affected by the event.
1. Portugal, France Spain Poland and Hungary
· Portugal, France and Spain.
American produce that was in surplus had to undergo importation into these countries. This brought about a market trade (Zerubavel, 2018).
· Poland and Hungary
They had acquired produce from America to facilitate consumption. Among them were sugar, tobacco and chocolate. (Nunn & Qian, 2010)
C. The five ways in which creating new rout5es for global trade would affect the average Americans working in the colonies.
1) An increase in the supply of lowered prices of the products in America
2) Voluntary and forced migration to Americans
3) Brought about the beginning of rampage that was genocidal
4) Brought about a collision amongst savages and the civilized (Spring, 2016).
5) There was a huge misfortune in the demographics especially when Europeans would make contact with American who were ingenious in the global period
Nunn, N., & Qian, N. (2010). The Columbian Exchange: A History of Disease, Food, and Ideas. Journal Of Economic Perspectives, 24(2), 163-188. doi: 10.1257/jep.24.2.163
Zerubavel, E. (2018). Terra incognita: the mental discovery of America. Routledge.
Spring, J. (2016). deculturalization and the struggle for equality: A brief history of the education of dominated cultures in the United States. Routledge.