Evidence-Based Practice Guideline
Write a fully developed and detailed APA essay addressing each of the following points/questions. There is no required word count; be sure to completely answer all the questions for each question in detail. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Sources are not required; however, if sources are used make sure to cite using the APA writing style for the essay and complete a reference page. The cover page is required. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Utilize the databases identified in the text to locate an Evidence-Based Practice Guideline, related to your topic identified in Module 1. Perform a rapid critical appraisal of the Evidence-Based Guideline by answering the following questions in APA format. All questions should be answered in detail and explanations offered according to guideline content when applicable.
• Who were the guideline developers?
• Were the developers of the guideline representative of key stakeholders in this specialty (inter-disciplinary)?
• Who funded the guideline development?
• Were any of the guideline developers funded researchers of the reviewed studies?• Did the team have a valid development strategy?
• Was an explicit (how decisions were made), sensible, and impartial process used to identify, select, and combine evidence?
• Did its developers carry out comprehensive, reproducible literature review within the past 12 months of its publication/revision?
• Were all important options and outcomes considered?
• Is each recommendation in the guideline tagged by the level/strength of evidence upon which it is based and linked to the scientific evidence?
• Do the guidelines make explicit recommendations (reflecting value judgments about the outcomes)?
• Has the guideline been subjected to peer review and testing?
• Is the intent of use provided (i.e. national, regional, local)?
• Are the recommendations clinically relevant?
• Will the recommendations help me in caring for my patients?
• Are the recommendations practical/feasible? Are resources (people and equipment) available?
• Are the recommendations a major variation from current practice? Can the outcomes be measured through standard care?
Be sure to include the database from which the guideline was obtained and please submit a copy of the guideline with your paper.
Your APA formatted paper fully answer each question in complete sentence.