Human Resource Management Foundations
Assignment 1: Job Description
HRM 500: Human Resource Management Foundations
Dr. Obioma Iwuanyanwu
July 21, 2019
Georgia Pain and Wellness is seeking a full-time front office supervisor. The supervisor organizes and manages administrative duties and procedures within the clinic. The purpose of the position is to implement and ensure a pleasant work environment, organizational effectiveness, safety, and communication between patients, front office personnel, and medical providers. This leadership role serves and the point of contact for the respective clinics within a designated region. The supervisor reports directly to the physicians and ensures the daily operational tasks are complete. This position will be full time and eligible for full benefits. Benefits package includes health insurance, dental coverage, life insurance, disability, paid time off, and retirement plans. Future traveling to foreign countries for a short amount of time may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains office operations and procedures; approving and managing payroll system; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; monitoring and assigning clerical tasks; coordination of monthly office scheduling and meetings
· Responsible for recruiting and training new hire employees
· Provide administrative support, which includes preparation and review of new hire packets, quarterly chart reviews, and special projects.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Follow HIPAA and patient confidentiality guidelines and procedures.
· Ensure staff education on all clinic policies.
· Promote the company’s mission by maintaining a positive image to patients, physicians, and community.
· Assist front office staff with patients.
· Traveling may be required.
· Education- Graduate of an accredited college/ university is preferred or equivalent experience
· 2+ years of medical front office management experience
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written)
· Familiarization with payroll systems; editing and approving timesheets
· Comfortable with working in a fast pace setting
The qualifications and duties for this position were based on the minimum requirements of an office supervisor in a medical facility. All candidates interested in this position will need to have at least two years of relevant management experience to ensure they can fulfill the responsibilities as a supervisor. Patient confidentiality is essential at all times; therefore, HIPAA laws were taken into consideration and included within the duties of this position. It is crucial the supervisor has knowledge of work labor laws to ensure the employees are treated fairly and adequately compensated for their time. Office supervisors act as the glue in the medical facility, so proper communication skills are essential to ensure productivity in the clinic.
How to Write a Job Description. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.indeed.com/hire/how-to-
Medical Office Manager: Job Duties & Career Requirements. (n.d.). Retrieved from