Multiple Choice Assignment Question
1. Acceptance of mistakes is a major ingredient to building _________.
1. “Studies indicate that attaining a higher education degree improves job prospects.” What is this statement?
1. Practical thinking refers to how you adapt to your environment, or shape your environment to adapt to you, to pursue important goals.
1. Which sequence of events illustrates the most helpful problem-solving plan?
Think of a solution, execute it, and evaluate the positive and negative effects. If it doesn’t work, try another solution
Clearly state the problem, get advice from a friend or teacher, and act on the best suggestion
Clearly state the problem, analyze its cause and effects, brainstorm possible solutions, evaluate the pros and cons of each potential choice, pick an option, try it out, and evaluate its success
Recall a time when someone you know had a similar problem, find out what they did, evaluate the pros and cons, and then evaluate your options
1. When making a decision, avoid looking at the potential long-term effects, both positive and negative, of your different options.
1. Asking questions is important because it
forces others to listen to you more effectively.
gets your creative thinking going.
helps you speed up your thinking.
defines tasks, expresses problems, and makes thinking happen.
1. A person who goes to unfamiliar places, seeks new experiences, and looks to meet new people is:
developing creativity by leaving the comfort zone.
evaluating evidence and making decisions.
working to improve problem solving skills.
1. The prefrontal cortex of the brain, which controls executive function (planning, prioritizing, and evaluating future consequences), is fully developed by age 18.
1. Developing practical thinking skills often involves ________.
learning from experience and building emotional intelligence
using common sense
mixing collaboration with private time
evaluating whether examples support ideas
1. Asking a lot of questions shows that you lack thinking skill.
1. Gathering information requires a careful analysis of all the following EXCEPT:
the amount of information you need.
the relevancy of the information.
the amount of time to spend locating the information.
the ability to shift perspectives.
1. What strategy is part of examining and evaluating information?
Looking for themes
Deciding if sources are relevant
Seeing if examples support ideas effectively
Separating the ideas
1. Mixing _______ with ________ improves creativity.
Choose the 2 best answers.
1. The five ingredients of creativity are time alone, curiosity and exploration, risk taking and hard work, acceptance of mistakes, and:
a belief that you have a fixed amount of creativity.
a belief that you can develop creativity.
1. You have a choice between two summer jobs. Job #1 offers experience in your major but pays a lower wage. Job #2 pays more money but is not directly related to your field of study. What should be the first step to take as you make this decision?
Discuss with a friend in your major the pros and cons of taking one job versus the other
Calculate the cost of any luxury purchases you plan to make over the summer to determine if you can afford to take job #1
Continue applying for other jobs so you’ll have more options to choose from before you have to decide
Consider how much money you need to earn during the summer and the value job #1 would have in helping you make a career choice