The Management Of Special Needs Offenders
Special needs offenders require advanced managerial consideration in regard to supervision, programming and treatment, and daily monitoring and functioning. These offenders may have physical, mental, or emotional challenges.
In this assignment, you will consider special needs offenders and examine the challenges in managing this group in the contemporary corrections environment.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, research the classification and management of special needs offenders.
Select an article from a scholarly journal and write a 2- to 3-page reaction paper about the article. Address the following issues in your paper:
The process of offender supervision consists of four general stages: assessment, diagnosis, recidivism prediction, and classification
Impact of special needs offenders on prison population management
Include valid, authoritative references (do not use Wikipedia) and cite your sources in APA format.
Can you really trust your senses and the interpretation of sensory data to give you an accurate view of the world? Describe and discuss the accuracy and the weaknesses of the human senses as they pertain to thinking in general and to your own thinking in particular.
Write a two to three (2–3) page (approximately 500–750 word) paper that addresses the following:
1. Provide at least three (3) reasons for believing in the accuracy or inaccuracy of sensory information.
2. Identify and describe at least three (3) factors contributing to the accuracy of sensory data.
3. Discuss the roles of “nature” and “nurture” with regard to the interpretation and evaluation of sensory data.
4. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Your textbook may count as one (1) source. At least one (1) of your sources must be obtained from the collection of databases accessible from the Learning Resources Center Web page.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
• Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format.
• In addition to the two to three (2–3) pages assigned, a title page with the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date is to be included, as well as a Reference Page.
• Sources documented using APA style for in-text citations and listed on the References Page using APA style format.